Save at the pump
10 simple ways to save money on fuel for your vehicle
01. Keep consistent with regular maintenance – worn spark plugs, contaminated fluids, and dirty filters are just a few variables that can effect your overall fuel economy
02. Refrain from extended idle of your engine – rule of thumb, if you’re going to be stationary for longer than 60 seconds turn off your vehicle
03. Maintain proper air pressure in your tires – self explanatory, but the correct amount of inflation will go a long way in decreasing fuel consumption
04. Ride a bike, or take public transportation
05. Get involved with an office carpool/rideshare, or find comparable programs available within your community
06. Remove weighted objects – this may seem obvious (and it is) but it never ceases to amaze how some people will store unnecessary items in their trunk/back seat that they seldom use
07. Use your air conditioning with discretion – comfort is more important to some than others but often the same degree can be achieved by having windows down while traveling
08. Use controlled braking – in other words, don’t wait until you’re almost to the light before you begin slowing down – often times braking earlier will prevent you from having to make a complete stop because the light turns green before it’s necessary
09. Observe posted speed limits – we know this, too, is quite obvious but there’s still people wanting to go 80mph or more on the highway, just keep in mind the sacrifice you make in fuel economy each time you go this route
10. Replace your gas cap – yes sometimes it’s that simple – the smallest defect will allow adequate fumes to escape, all of which will effect the amount of miles you’re able to drive per gallon of fuel
Talks around the price of oil will continue, and until we make some proactive changes on our own, we should expect nothing to change.
These are very easy steps to help guide you in the proper direction. Not everyone’s able to afford the latest hybrid technology, but we all can assure we’re doing our part to care for our vehicles, and the environment.
Feel free to give us a call or schedule an appointment online when we can help.
We’ll be here when you need us.