This is becoming too common an expression. But before we go throwing the road commission under a bus, we understand they are doing the best job they can to address these hazards and we completely support their efforts. The verbal outburst we’re speaking of, in case you were wondering, goes something like this “I’ve just been potholed.” As we understand it, this phrase originated from people whose vehicles were rendered inoperable after meeting their match with these dreaded phenomena.
If you or anyone you know may have encountered damage caused by potholes or harsh roads, please understand that if left unaddressed the problem can become much worse. Here’s a list AAA Michigan recently promoted, which includes signs to look for if you’re interested in whether or not your vehicle needs repair:
* The vehicle rolls or sways on turns
* The vehicle’s front-end dives when braking
* The vehicle’s rear end squats when accelerating
* The vehicle bounces or slides sideways on a winding, rough road
* The vehicle “bottoms out” or thumps on bumps
* The vehicle sits lower in the front or rear
* The vehicle is leaking or has signs of physical damage, such as rusting or dents
* There’s a loss of directional control during sudden stops of the vehicle
When in doubt, feel free to contact us and we’re more than happy to answer your questions, or click HERE to schedule an appointment online today.